Thursday, March 6, 2014

THE Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Every American mom needs a chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes her family and friends weak in the knees. This, is that recipe. I've never served these cookies without someone asking me to share the secret. Even my Italian husband, who lacks the American affinity for all things sweet, will go back for seconds. Your search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie is now over.


Cordani Chocolate Chip Cookie


Ingredients

+ 1 cup butter
+ 1 cup brown sugar
+ 1 cup white sugar
+ 2 eggs
+ 2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
+ 2 cups flour
+ 1 teaspoon baking soda
+ 1 teaspoon baking powder
+ 1/2 teaspoon salt
+ 1 teaspoon vanilla
+ all the chocolate chips you want
+ 3 cups chopped nuts (I like walnuts)

+ Blend the oatmeal in a blender to a fine powder. (The oatmeal is the secret to this cookie by giving it texture and depth.) Cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix flour, oatmeal powder, salt, baking power, and soda. Mix dry with wet. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool on cookie rack. EAT.


You're gonna love these.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of my daughter!
    (I happen to know from experience that the DOUGH is just as good as the baked product!)

    ReplyDelete