Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Love

{Scotty and I before church when we were still unpacking boxes.}

+ how Scott opens his mouth wide when he sees I'm about to kiss him.

+ rainy bus rides to dentists and doctors with my baby strapped to my chest. Plus, his wide eyes, taking in the bustling commotion, just make my heart soar.

+ having a kitchen big enough to make pizza in.

+ when Scotty Luca excitedly kicks his legs and it seems that happiness will burst from his little body.

+ living in a big city (even a weeping one).

+ how Scott whines and whimpers when he's feeling lonely. I finally succumb to his calling and walk over to play with him; his eyes grow bluer and his smile makes them sparkle.

+ warm herbal tea, books, and my duvet just before bed.

+ harhoura from Harissa. That, and a warm pita. It's even good for breakfast.

+ dinner with friends. We laugh, swap stories, and end the evening feeling rejuvenated.

+ sinking into bed and my husband's arms after a long day.

+ Scott devouring his stuffed giraffe while sitting in his Bumbo. The concentration it takes for him to hold onto the toy and bring it to his mouth is great, and quiet the shaky success.

+ how 800 square feet feels like a mansion.

+ taking a chocolate class and feeling so proud that my hands made those decadent bonbons.

+ that my baby finally got over the jet lag (two weeks later!) and we are sleeping through the night.

+ having a dinning room table. Yay for dinners en famille!

+ tromping around Seattle with my cousin and her two littles for her birthday weekend in the city. Memory making is a blast.

+ that families are forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment